I saw this guy on Etsy, but the sales price was ridiculous, so I thought I’d see if I could make him myself. I found a very similar knitting pattern called C is for Cat and then amazingly, I found the exact yarn – Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Cotton in color #50 (Taupe Ombre).
Because the yarn recommended US 8 needles, I knit the pattern on US 5s (always a good idea to go down 2-3 needle sizes when knitting stuffed animals). I used all of one skein and had to use just a few yards from the second skein – next time I would knit the legs each 1″ shorter, to make sure I had enough yarn from just one skein.
* I didn’t use any contrast color (CC) – just the single main color (MC)
* Tail – instead of following the instructions, I c/o 6 sts and knit in the round for 8″
* Body – I knit one final row of K2tog (to end up with 13 sts) before binding off
* Arms – I didn’t follow the instructions, but instead modified instructions from a Rebecca Danger cat pattern, as follows:
c/o 12 sts
knit in the round until 4 1/2″ long
next row – KFB 1st 6 sts, then K to end
K in the round for 9 rows
next two rounds – K2tog all the way around, ending with 5 sts
pull yarn tail through remaining sts
* Legs – like the arms, I used a completely different approach:
c/o 16 sts
knit in the round until 6 1/2″ long
next row – KFB 1st 8 sts, then K to end
knit in the round for 10 rows
next two rounds – K2tog all the way around, then pull yarn tail through remaining sts
I just used stuffing on this one – no poly pellets. Very cute FO – I wish I had the time to make him up in several different colors . . .