This quilt was made for a custom order off my Esty site, for a client who chose the colors for a more masculine look to the quilt. I used Violet Craft’s Waterfront Park prints in black and clementine (1 yard of the Bridgetown and 1/2 yard of the remaining fabrics), along with Robert Kaufman Brussels Washer Yarn Dye in black (2 yards) and Kona Cotton in a shade of white (3 yards).
I cut fabrics as follows:
* For the five rows of rectangular blocks, I cut 8 blocks of Bridgetown and 7 blocks of Brussels Washer, all 7 1/2″ x 19 1/2″
* For the four rows of square blocks, I cut 28 blocks of Domino Dot, Flight, and Half Square Triangles, all 7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″
* For the spacing between the blocks, I cut 34 blocks of white fabric, all 7 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
* For the horizontal strips between the rows, I cut 8 strips of white fabric, each 2 1/2″ x 68″
* For the four strips that frame the quit, I cut white fabric 3 1/2″ wide by the total length and width of the quilt front
The back was pieced together with remaining Bridgetown, Brussels Washer, and white cotton. I used a simple quilting pattern of horizontal straight-line quilting, and bound the quilt with my remaining Brussels Washer.Pin It